Division Order sent by Huck Farms

Oklahoma does not require a Division Order, but I sign them in order to check the decimal amount and make corrections if needed. Also to leave a paper trail for my heirs.
Your lease or pooling order has your royalty amount. If you did not lease and did not sign the pooling order, then the minimum is 1/8th. They are required to pay royalties 180 days after first sales or they owe statutory interest under section 52 of the oil and gas code. The operator is required to pay, not necessarily who you leased with.

Contact the Revenue department for Native and let them know that you have been unable to get a statement from EnergyLink. Contact the Energy Link support link again. They have been responsive to me, but it takes a few days. They were down a person over the last week or so.

1 Like

Thanks Marthaā€“will do!

Also found out today that some companies wonā€™t list your revenue receipts on EnergyLink until you sign up for direct deposit with them, or you have to fill out a special form that allows your revenues to be listed there if you donā€™t have direct deposit. This is the case with EOG, and Iā€™m waiting to hear back from a few other companies who my mother receives royalties from but EnergyLink says her owner number isnā€™t found for that company. My mother is old school and prefers to get a paper check for her royalties. I assume at some point everyone will be forced to go to direct deposit. I would sign up for it with all companies as itā€™s more convenient, but I have to honor my motherā€™s wishes. Question: When you sign up for direct deposit, do you still receive revenue statements by snail mail or do revenue statements appear only at EnergyLink for companies that use this service?

1 Like

IMO (in a nut shell), itā€™s all over the place, and much of the blame can be placed squarely at the feet of most oil companies.

A number of oil companies simply donā€™t communicate within their own organization very well at all. I wrestled with EOG for roughly four years (on and off via e-mail and sending packets of legal documents) just trying to get them to acknowledge my motherā€™s passing, and get the funds in her account transferred to my father. They finally straightened things out in 2020, but weā€™ve still received some non-revenue-related notices mailed to us with her name on it. :frowning: Which means their ā€˜marketingā€™ or communications department isnā€™t communicating with their finance/owner relations department.

As of this writing, Iā€™ve been waiting over a week from EOG for an e-mail reply as to why we havenā€™t received any Division Orders or revenue for Laubhan 0409 5H (4-8N-4W) which has been producing since September 2020. Two years nowā€¦ sigh

With Ovintiv, Iā€™ve completed and sent direct deposit forms to them twice, yet they still send me paper checks complete with check stub detail, and the data still appears in EnergyLink. At this point, Iā€™m not wasting more of my time with them trying to get them to do their own job. Pretty sad statement about them.

With Native Exploration, after they were bought out by 89 Energy III, LLC check revenue data (which used to show up just fine) stopped appearing on EnergyLink. I have yet to hear back from them as to why they canā€™t straighten this out. I have yet to hear anything back from 89 Energy III, LLC as well. Been more than two weeks since I sent that e-mail.

At the end of the day, there are a lot of ā€œgoodā€ (read: sometimes questionable) intentions trying to make things simpler by doing things electronically, but reality paints a very different, convoluted and at times, very messy picture.

You need to send a certified letter to EOG asking them about the Laubhan revenue as I received my revenue within the allotted time. In the letter be sure to ask them if you have any title requirements that need to be satisfied so you can be put in pay status. With your letter, send an executed W-9 form so they have your tax ID# so they can pay you if all is well.

1 Like

Some companies who send data to EnergyLink will only send it upon your request - it is not always automatic.

Also, when communicating with operators regarding anything, I always send it certified. Thatā€™s the only method Iā€™ve found to get a response or action in a reasonable amount of time. It doesnā€™t always work, but it works better than sending it via regular mail.

USPS service is going downhill quickly. Theyā€™ve lost several royalty checks of mine over the past two years. Iā€™ve been pushed into direct deposit because I do not have time to haggle with companies for replacement checks. I converted all of my operators to direct deposit if: 1. They have a good track record with me personally 2. They are not impossible to communicate with 3. They have electronic check details via EnergyLink or their own system 4. They require division orders.

For the small handful I still get paper checks from, itā€™s because they make mistakes, fail to communicate, or do not require division orders (and make errors during ownership transfers).

1 Like

If you are hooked up to Energy Link with your operator number, you can easily download the pdf of the statements every month. They usually send an email that the statement is available, but I usually just stay up to date myself by checking regularly. If you need the information in Excel, there is a fee last time I checked. PDF is fine for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.