Deeper well leasing activity in Mitchell County

Good grief.

Wow. Any idea where they are offering that much? I've heard the land south of 20 near Champion Creek is getting the highest offer, but $600 to $650 is the highest I've heard.

My family has been contacted by Deep Creek Resources for leasing our land. Has anyone heard of them?

Cody H. said:

Several companies are leasing in Mitchell Co. One is Bluesky Energy Co, which is acvtually Devon Energy Co. Legacy ( LMD ) Mineral Development is also leasing for Bluesky/Devon. Also Firewheel Energy which is out of Midland is leasing in the area. They are several people which left XTO Energy when that company was fully acquired by ExxonMobile. Firewheel just purchased Simith Energy, Co which had leased a lot of land back in 2008 for a 5 year period and those leases will expire mid 2013 with no option. I wonder what will happen to the people tied up with these leases. I for one have one of their leases from 2008. It will be either a boom or bust, however we will have to see what transpires over the next six months. Robert M. you are correct I bought some land there four years ago for 425/acre. Who would have ever thought the wind industry and now oil interest would pick up. I have heard rumors out here that some leases are going as high as $600-700/ac now. Things are crazy out here right now!

I have had someone from Lincoln land call me do you know anything about them particularly?

very credible-- Ty Wood is working in negotiating with them. double Eagle is offering more

Our land is about 4 miles north of I-20 between C City and Loraine and Firewheel and Laredo (LMD) have been the most active in there, from what I have been told. Just curious if any of ya'll have land nearby and who you have been negotiating with. Oh, what kind of numbers have Lincoln and Double Eagle been offering, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

Our property south of C City and west, we have ty working on things right now, I am a local realtor, and getting all of the talk, there are approximately 12 oil and gas co, from TX and OK here all vying for leases,..does anyone know about this mississippi ? shale, I am not familiar with all of this..

Here is a list of some of the companies:

Heck, Legacy, EGB, Loredo, Firewheel, Lincoln, Strata, Deveon, Cambridge, Chesapeake, Pervis, Double Eagle,

sorry about the spelling on some of these, I have heard an average of: $500-600/acre and up to 25% royalty

If anyone has 320 or more acres around Colorado City let me hear from you. Im dealing with a substantial oil and gas company directly, not brokers. I can get them to get in touch with you

Robert David Newton said:

If anyone has 320 or more acres around Colorado City let me hear from you. Im dealing with a substantial oil and gas company directly, not brokers. I can get them to get in touch with you

We have 316 acres, and we are with a group of land owners my husband is representing of about 5-6000 acres and friends of our with 2243 acres, all of us have mineral rights, so call my husband Wes Seibold - 325-242-1195, we have been contacted by 3 groups but would be interested in talking to them.

Thank you

Becky Seibold

We have rights on 170 acres just north of CCity (north of 20) and in the last few days, have received a number of calls and offers. Can someone refer a good attorney in CCity and let me know what terms they are seeing in this area?

Ed, call Ty Wood in C City. He is an O & G attorney in C City and has negotiated many leases and is very familiar with what is going on. Best of luck and tell Ty I sent ya!
Robert M.

I appreciate that Robert!!!! I posted another question/discussion regarding Providence and/or Wildcat Resources...if you have any information, I would really appreciate it. Being told vertical is not a great option where we have the land but they are looking at a horizontal well. Have not had activity in many years so wanted to make a move on this.

Robert M. said:

Ed, call Ty Wood in C City. He is an O & G attorney in C City and has negotiated many leases and is very familiar with what is going on. Best of luck and tell Ty I sent ya!
Robert M.

I have not heard anything about Providence or Wildcat, but I have been looking at Firewheel Energy, Laredo Petroleum, and Devon Energy. These are all operators and not necessarily speculators. I think horizontal is the way they are going to go in the area for these deeper shale plays. Best of luck!

Oh, have you been contacted by anyone other than Providence and Wildcat and, if you don't mind me asking, what are they currently offering? Thanks

Robert... No, no other contact. Being told we need to move quickly (but may very well be a standard part of the game). The initial offer was $100 bonus and 1/6 but is now at $150 and 3/16. Being told can't do much better because of where land is located and speculative nature. Again...don't want to be greedy, just want to make sure it is fair. Also...want the best chances to actually have someone drill and I know these guys are operators.

Robert M. said:

I have not heard anything about Providence or Wildcat, but I have been looking at Firewheel Energy, Laredo Petroleum, and Devon Energy. These are all operators and not necessarily speculators. I think horizontal is the way they are going to go in the area for these deeper shale plays. Best of luck!

Oh, have you been contacted by anyone other than Providence and Wildcat and, if you don't mind me asking, what are they currently offering? Thanks

Don't believe them they had a meeting with a bunch of us and the same garbage, talk to Loredo, Firewheel or Devon

Ed Oravetz said:

Robert... No, no other contact. Being told we need to move quickly (but may very well be a standard part of the game). The initial offer was $100 bonus and 1/6 but is now at $150 and 3/16. Being told can't do much better because of where land is located and speculative nature. Again...don't want to be greedy, just want to make sure it is fair. Also...want the best chances to actually have someone drill and I know these guys are operators.

Robert M. said:

Rebecca... Do you mind me asking which direction you decided to go in? Do you have contact information for any of the others?

We are still talking to Loredo and Firewheel just contacted us as well,

Wade Stephens (legacy) - Loredo tell him I said to call

Chase Canyon Res - Andy - 432-528-4898

Lincoln Land & Title - Brian - 318-560-4336

Firewheel we were contacted through Tom Reese - attorney

Start with Loredo, and talk to all of them, and then go through an attorney

Ty Wood

Tom Reese

Cotton in Snyder

Good Luck, we have not made a decision yet, we have a bunch of land owners trying to go together, so they might give us a better deal (Loredo)..

Good Luck

I owe you Rebecca... Do you mind me asking where your land is located? I am told we are "not in a great spot" and if we were 10 miles further to the East, things would be different. Our 170 acres is North of 20 on Co. Rd. 145...just west of 208.

Rebecca... Do you have a number for Wade Stephens at Legacy/Loredo?

Rebecca Seibold said:

We are still talking to Loredo and Firewheel just contacted us as well,

Wade Stephens (legacy) - Loredo tell him I said to call

Chase Canyon Res - Andy - 432-528-4898

Lincoln Land & Title - Brian - 318-560-4336

Firewheel we were contacted through Tom Reese - attorney

Start with Loredo, and talk to all of them, and then go through an attorney

Ty Wood

Tom Reese

Cotton in Snyder

Good Luck, we have not made a decision yet, we have a bunch of land owners trying to go together, so they might give us a better deal (Loredo)..

Good Luck