Comstock East Texas Update

I’m posting this in the Leon County category, but it applies to a broader section of East Texas.

Comstock stated in their Q1 2024 report that they now have more than 450,000 net acres in their Western Haynesville leasehold. This acreage is located primarily in Robertson, Leon, and Freestone Counties, but they have added acreage in Anderson County recently, and I expect to see additions in Houston and Cherokee Counties sometime soon. It appears they will soon control more than 500,000 net acres with very little competition.

Their most recent wells have been completed in the Haynesville Formation at really deep TVDs. Look at this excerpt from their report:

“Included in the wells turned to sales were four more successful Western Haynesville wells – the Glass RT #1, the Harrison WA #1, the Farley GD #1 and the Ingram Martin #1. The Glass RT #1 well was drilled to a total vertical depth of 18,346 feet and has a 9,292 foot completed lateral. The well’s initial production rate was 36 MMcf per day. The Harrison WA #1 well was drilled to a total vertical depth of 19,361 feet and has an 8,866 foot completed lateral. The well’s initial production rate was 35 MMcf per day. The Farley GD #1 well was drilled to a total vertical depth of 18,700 feet and has a 9,837 foot completed lateral. The well’s initial production rate was 38 MMcf per day. The Ingram Martin #1 well was drilled to a total vertical depth of 17,748 feet and has a 7,764 foot completed lateral. The well’s initial production rate was 38 MMcf per day. All of these wells were completed in the Haynesville Shale formation.”

Comstock is clearly all in on this play. If they can survive this period of low gas prices, they will be very well positioned for future years.

2 Likes

Amazing Post! In Houston County, there are at least 3 suspected lease brokers/companies that are actively leasing in the Northwest area of the County. There are are leases that have been taken and not filed of record. Key Exploration, Cypress Energy Resources and Drake.

1 Like

I am hoping and praying Comstock or even better yet Aethon buys out Eagle Oil and Gas in the Robertson County Petteway area. Have you seen how Aethon’s Currie well that is 18 months old has increased production every month for the last 11 months in a row? It is not as big as some of the other wells but how much longer with production increase every month? None of the wells I ever look at continue an upward trend like that. Also Aethon’s Koda well I am in has been extremely consistent.

1 Like

Any information on Comstock activities in Harrison County?

Hey Alan, your comments imply that the Comstock wells (Harrison, Farley, Glass, Ingram Martin) are all in Leon County. I recall that the Ingram Martin is situated SW of Jewett - where are the other three wells located (Survey/Abstract)? Appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks

You can use this link to get info on all of Comstock’s permitted wells in Robertson and Leon Counties:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do

Just click on RRC District 5 and enter Comstock in the Operator Name box. The horizontal wells start in 2021.

1 Like