Comstock Lanier Well

If you’re talking west of Hill Top, then Amoruso’s geology would be a point of further research. Also, below is a map from the AAPG, they have other Bossier maps as well you can search for on their website

1 Like

The well Gasstar drilled being the Fossil Gelin GU #1 was the best well in East Texas. It IP’d 33mill a day back in 2009.

Unfortunately, I’m too “new” to the group to share images. I’m specifically talking about the Fossil Belin wells in Hill Top Lakes. I’m curious to know “why” those wells haven’t been gobbled up yet as the units Comstock bought butt up to those units. I have an ORRI in the Fossil Belin wells and I’m holding on to hope those will get drilled one day… Thanks for the info, guys! I’m glad to be a part of this group!

The Gastar Belin well is a Bossier well. Are the others also Bossier wells? Since Comstock is targeting Lower Bossier, I would assume they wouldn’t be interested in tracts where the Bossier gas has already been depleted.

The Belin #1 was completed in the Bossier as a vertical well. The “upper perf” was at a depth of 18,345 ft and the “lower perf” was at 18,589 ft. That tells me that the Bossier has 244 ft of pay. With it only being a vertical well they only captured a small portion of the gas the tight rock reservoir actually holds. It appears they had a problem with the #2 and the #3. The Belin 1H is an oil well completed in the Austin Chalk formation. Please see well cards attached.

DI Well Card - Fossil Belin GU #1 Well 1 - 42-289-31740.PDF (146.1 KB) DI Well Card - Fossil Belin GU #2 Well 1 - 42-289-31909.PDF (135.6 KB) Austin Chalk. DI Well Card - Fossil Belin GU #3 Well 1 - 42-289-31924.PDF (139.9 KB) DI Well Card - Belin 1H Oil Unit - 42-289-31969.PDF (144.6 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for this information. Very interesting that we have not been contacted by Comstock. My family owns mineral interest in approximately 105 + acres in the J C Evans Survey A 263 which borders the R T Glass 1H Comstock permitted tract approved April 18, 2023. These acres remain unleased.

2 Likes

What a great position to be in.

1 Like

Anyone heard anything about production on Comstock Lanier well?

They spudded 4/17/203. Probably won’t know anything for a little while.

No info yet. Here is a comment from Comstock’s Q2 2023 report regarding their newest wells:

“Included in the wells turned to sales were the Dinkins JG #1 and the McCullough Ingram A #1, Comstock’s fourth and fifth successful Western Haynesville wells. The Dinkins well was drilled to a total vertical depth of 18,042 feet and has a 9,565 foot completed lateral. The well’s initial production rate was 34 MMcf per day. The McCullough Ingram well was drilled to a total vertical depth of 17,836 feet and has a 8,256 foot completed lateral. The well’s initial production rate was 35 MMcf per day.”

The Dinkins well is in Leon and the McCullough is in Robertson.

1 Like

I suspect that Comstock MIGHT be trying to call the wells the “Western Haynesville” to take advantage of some Texas “Field Rules” already established instead of calling it the Deep Bossier. I may be totally wrong! But a thought.

Rumor is Comstock has plans to drill a well soon into the Haynesville underlying the Lower Bossier in Leon County. Their RT Glass well was permitted to a TVD of 20,000 feet, and their GD Farley well had the TVD changed from 18,000 feet to 22,000 feet. Of course it’s impossible to know if those depths are realistic or exaggerated.

1 Like

Very real. Everything gets reported to the RRC.

Those depths reported in the W-1s are maximums…doesn’t mean they are actually going to go that deep.

1 Like

I own around 1,000 acre mineral in this blocked out area on the Trinity River in Leon County. Most of it is tie up in the old Alabama ferry oil field but its in the process of being taken over by the state for clean up and plugging the 80 to 90 wells. I do own just over 300 acres thats not tied in with any production in this area. EOG leased several years ago but never done anything with it. If i was to get a lease it would be a blessing right now with 3 kids in college. We are just a ranching family trying to make a living off the land.

1 Like

There are probably more formations that could produce. Don’t lease to anyone that is not currently an active driller. There are a lot of speculators and “lease busters” active in Leon County. Some have impressive websites and have NEVER drilled a well. Good Luck.

Is there any update on these wells?

Reported production in May 2023 (partial month…completion date unknown) for the JG Dinkins well was 104,856 MCF. June production was 833,187 MCF.

2 Likes

This is about 30 miles or more from Marquez as the “crow flies”. It’s not in the same play YET or maybe never.

DINKINS JG 1H - 4228932180.PDF (72.7 KB)

1 Like