Company Wants To Blanket Our Minerals With Solar Panels

I wasn’t suggesting going 100% solar. There are other sources of clean energy as well. Every little bit helps in the long run.

All this talk of climate and environment is getting old. We or at least I have been hearing about this climate change stuff since the 70’s. None of the catastrophic or even lessor problems have ever came true. All these predictions have been false, and the so called scientists who try to scare the public are being paid through government grants and such. If these scientists that are promoting climate change as the biggest threat we face are still wanting money to study climate change. If they already know it is happening why do they need more money every year to study it? I’ll tell you why, it’s because they would no longer have a job. There are plenty of scientists who refute this so called catastrophe. I’ve heard about how Florida would be mostly under water along with other coastal states for close to 50 years, yet the biggest proponents of the climate change agenda are flying in private jets all over the world; that’s the definition of hipocrisy. I love and respect this great earth and I want clean air and water. Its true the earth has been warming since creation but this agenda is being used as a political pawn to garner votes. People my age have heard of doomsday disasters for far too long. Follow the money.

4 Likes

Regardless of all other comments, I don’t believe a lessee can simply come onto the premises and rip out the solar panels. If I was the lessee under Nrg stadium or the galleria in Houston, I don’t believe I could demand that they tear the shopping center down, or that it would allow me to drill on the 50 yard line.

I would like to copy your paragraph and quote it to some overly zealous climate change alarmists. Can I attributed it this way: “Commonman, Mineral Rights Forum” or exactly how would you like it attributed?

1 Like

Any geoscientist will concur that the climate of earth, as shown in the fossil record, has been changing since the beginning of time.

A most recent example of climate change which is documented in the written record of the times (for those not interested in honoring the scientific climatological information locked up in the fossil record) is the period known as the ‘Little Ice Age’; you may not know about it but Hans Brinker did.

That said, it is interesting that the concept and slogan is, ‘stop climate change’. It is seriously not doable. What is doable is to quit trashing our planet whether it by air, land or sea. Of all people who should know that stopping climate change is not possible it should be the educators who gave all the kids excuses to skip classes to protest to stop climate change; they should know the issue is not stopping climate change but getting a grip on pollution before it gets a bigger grip on us.

Regarding this solar farm, my personal opinion is that when I drive out in the beautiful expanses of emptiness and nature in this country I don’t like to see it disturbed by miles and miles of windmills anymore than by acres and acres of solar panels anymore than by complete regions of well flares and pipe yards and abandoned drilling equipment and swaths of ROWs for pipelines.

To get back to this thread, mineral owners stay strong in protecting your rights.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Solar energy vs fossil fuels

I am in the same situation, but being offered much less per acre, a actual percent of what he receives for land. Est to be 30 or so acre per year, there is 3 well on Labor adjacent to that has produced aprox. 21,000 barrels . NOt a big well but enough to make a argument that 30 a acre for 20 or 25 years is to cheap. Leases in county are going for 175 plus bonus. trying to make a decision. You wouldn’t happen to have any more information on your experience that might help me in a fair deal. Thanks in advance for your time

We have just been contacted about mineral rights for a farm we used to own in Hopkins. They are offering $75 for 70 acres per year. That seems very low. Per month would be more reasonable based on what they will make per acre with solar.