Cleveland Co. OK Section 30, Township 7N, Range 1W

This is a quote from a post I made yesterday. While the acreage numbers and bonus numbers quoted may not be representative of your case, I personally would never elect to take a 1/8 RI in the state of Oklahoma. The only advantage would be if I was SURE they would not drill. Unfortunately, my crystal ball does not work well enough to know that.
That said, I’m kind of a numbers guy and I like data.
This year in Grady county I show about 2100 leases have been filed where I can determine the agreed upon RO. . Less than 30 of these were for 1/8 royalty interest which is the statutory minimum. Another 5 or so were for 1/6. About 900 were for 3/16. Around 600 were for 1/5. About 550 were for 1/4. The remaining 30 or so were for 21-23%. Data in other areas I have pulled previously have been similar.

If that does sway you, I’ll throw this out there. As far as I’m concerned, 1/8 RI is a suckers bet. The only way they are going to tie me into a 1/8 RI is by force pooling me and that is the only option. That is if it survives the protests of the said pooling at that the corporation commission.