Caddo County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Just received notice of hearing for a density well Sec 17T6R11 by a different company (JMA) do they have to negotiate a lease if they put a density well? What are the going rates if they do ?

we have a producing well with Sanguine already

No, once you have production in your spacing unit, you are held by the terms of the first lease. Increased density means they are asking for permission to drill additional wells. Good news for you! The commission granted a 640 ac spacing for the first well in the Springer, so the next well would be included under the same order. JMA is requesting the next well. Just sit back and enjoy the anticipated future royalties!

Good Morning, Have mineral in T9 R10; and T7 R9; My leases have expired, just wondered if there is activity in this area of the county. Hoping Grady County activity will be moving West! Thanks for any infor.

9N -10W has no OCC cases, but there was some leasing activity in 2017.

Just a few leases in 7N-9W in 2017 mostly by Hidden Mountain.

Thank you M Barnes! I appreciate your feedback!

Does anyone know anything about Hidden Creek Resources? Have a pending lease offer from them in Sec 25, 7N, 10W. Anyone else been contacted for a lease in the area?

Be very careful about the terms of the leases in Caddo. Make sure no post production costs whatsoever. No enhanced, no nothing. Also, watch out for long payment drafts. Don’t do them.

Signed a lease last year in Caddo Cty, Section 15 Township 10 N or range, 10 W of Indian Meridian, does anyone know if there is any activity in that area at this time? Thank you in advance.

I own minerals in Section 13-5N-10W Caddo County. Does anyone know of any activity in this area at this time

Dennis, 13-5N-10W has an old shut in well. Nothing going on. sorry…

Rebel, some leasing foing on in 15-10N-10W but no OCC activity yet.

Hello everyone Im new to the group and was wondering if anyone is aware of any activity in Caddo County Section 13-5N-10W.

has any body got paid by Blue ribbon? Greg albright has ben going to send me a check since the 21rst of December. SECT 8 township 11N range 10W.maybe there is no activity! Caddo county

Can anyone tell me what the activity is in T5N-R11W-S5. I have the minerals up for lease. Chesapeake was the last to lease it.

We have not been paid either by Blue Ribbon. It has been months. It seems we are free to lease to others, because BR has not recorded the lease at the courthouse, but that is small comfort.

No activity in 5-5N-11W.

Just joined this group and appreciate reading issues that so many others are also faced with when receiving a lease offer. Our family has the mineral rights to land in Caddo County, Section 4, 12N-12W. We received a letter from Turner Oil & Gas Properties Inc regarding leasing our section with a “3 year primary term paid up O&G Lease” with three choices: 1) $1500 per net acre, 1/8 Royalty; 2) $1250 per net acre, 3/16 Royalty; and 3) $1000 per net acre, 1/5 Royalty. It also says that the offer is subject to aproval by Newfield Exploration Mid-Continent Inc. Has anyone else received a similiar offer from Turner? The person that has contacted us is John Jondahl. Based on comments on this website, before selecting any offer we plan to request a copy of the lease agreement to know what other Terms & Conditions they are proposing. Would appreciate any advice. Robert Briscoe

Welcome to the forum!

The major operators do not have land departments any more. They frequently contract the leasing out to professional land companies. Turner Oil & Gas Properties has been around for a long time. It is preferable to deal with a CPL, Certified Petroleum Landman (or woman) as they are bound by a higher standard of ethics and tend to make less mistakes.

The offer you have is identical to the most recently pooled section 6 by Continental Resources. Never go with the 1/8th. I usually pick the 1/5th because the royalty from one or more horizontal wells over decades usually far outweighs the difference in the bonus payment which you only get once. Having just dealt with Newfield, I can predict that the first lease that you will receive is not the one you want to end up with. It is all in their favor and I totally understand their reasoning. However, the terms are negotiable. Friend me with the blue icon to the upper left and I can show you the clauses you need to change.

Just a question. Are you getting paid on any wells in that section? There are still two producing wells and if you are held by those you cannot lease. Your acreage might be in the quarter sections not held by the wells or you may have a depth clause on an earlier lease.

We’re still researching exactly what our late Mother actually inherited before responding. They have sent a “draft contract” and it includes, as expected, many of the clauses the forum advises to not accept. The mineral rights listed in the Deed are for “All that part of Lots 3 and 4 tying South and East of Deer Creek as found in Section 4, Township 12 North, Range West.” It states it is for “47.00 acres, more or less, together iwth the right of ingress and egresss at all times for the purpose of mining, drilling, exploring, operating and developing said lands for oil, gas and other minerals and storing, handling, transporting and marketing the same there from with the right to remove from said land all the Grantee’s property and improvements.”

We are aware of 3 wells (#1 Federal, #1 Klaassen & #1 Byrum) on the property and there may be an additional well. We don’t know if any are active at this point as we only received $230.00 for the past year.

The mineral rights the the 47 acres was left to 3 entities so our family is only entitled to a third. The email from Turner that included their offer stated that their records show we “own 13.708 net mineral acres in the NW/4”. We would like to find out who owns the other 2/3 mineral rights but Turner’s representative didn’t have that information. Would appreciate any advice as to how or where to obtain that information. We are also evaluating whether or not it would be best to sell our mineral rights since the 13.708 portion would be further subdivided between we three children which further reduces the potential income. How problem is we haven’t found any website that could give us some insight as to the potential value. We understand that the value would be determined by any potential activity nearby and industry trends on this location, etc.

So at this point we’re evaluating whether entering into the agreement or selling the mineral rights would be the better decision. Any suggestions on things to consider for both options would be greatly appreciated.

R Briscoe, sending you a friend request so I can answer some of your questions off the main forum.

My leases ran out in 2017, does anyone know of any activity for leases in T9 R10 or T7 R9? Thanks for information!