Brazos County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Is Vess oil planning to expand oil and gas drilling in

Brazos and Grimes counties as there are new upgraded ways to

drill nowadays?

Like Mathew, I have what appears to be a royalty interest in the William Dever Survey, A-14, and am attempting to contact the various operators to research my interest. There are two operators that I am not sure about - does anyone know if Shield Petroleum and F.I.G. Energy (the last operator for 041-31966) are still in business? When I tried to call Shield, the number was disconnected, and when I called F.I.G., I reached a voicemail, but it did not identify itself, so I don't know if I actually reached F.I.G. or not.

Also, are any of the old gas wells in the northern part of the survey still producing? They all show on the RRC map as being only on the hardcopy map; three are marked with the number 1, while one is marked with number 4. FWIW, I have a division order from 1960 that mentions the B. L. Fannett Unit, which I assume is one of these wells.

Thanks for your help!

Only active well in A-14 is the FIG well - making about 1 BO and 7 MCF per day on the average as of latest data.

My property is located on State Hwy 47 in Brazos county. It is inside the Bryan city limits.BTU will not allow the mineral lease operator to open an electricity account on the lease. They have asked me to sign paperwork that gives them permission to establish service. If I choose not to, what are their options. Can I negotiate with them for a better mineral royalty percentage? There are two producing wells on the mineral lease.

when a producing oil well is completed on my property, does the drilling company need my permission to lay a pipeline to transport oil or gas off my land. I am both a surface and mineral owner.

What does your lease say on this issue? If not covered, you should have to be compensated for pipeline ROW and related items

Mark - interest in purchasing your O&G assets will be tied to the area / location. Highly variable prospectivity across the two counties you mention.

Thank you. I’ll get more information.

Mark, I buy in Brazos and Grimes and am happy to take a look at your assets in the area. Please shoot me a message if you would like to discuss further. Best of luck!

Have some mineral interest leased by Hawkwood below Edge down Dilly Shaw Tapp Road. Anyone have any info on current drilling plans in that area, its in the Vess Gen Unit. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me where Halcons Yellowtail unit may be. And if Halcons continues to move on their leases around college station and Bryan?

I cannot find any reference to a "Yellow Tail" well anywhere in Texas. Are you sure of the lease name?

Halcon continues to drill in Brazos and Burleson Counties

Halcon has a Scissor Tail permit 10 miles south of Caldwell - only Halcon well I can find with "tail" in the lease name

John,

From the best I can tell, almost all the Exporation Companies have curtailed drilling all over because the price of oil is half what it was at this time last year. I do know that Halcon went from 4 rigs in our area to just one and are only drilling leases that are on the verge of expiring.

I went to the GIS mapping tool and located 4 wells near the curve of Hwy 47 at Hwy 60 where your minerals are located. The operator for the 4 wells is Apache and the 4 wells are the CASHION UNIT#1, #2, #3 & #4. Halcon could hve possibly pooled their minerals with Apache. All 4 wells were approved by TRRC on 12/01/2014. These are the only "New Drill Approved" that I can see.

Here is the link for the Cashion #1. Zoom Out once the map comes up. http://wwwgisp.rrc.state.tx.us/GISViewer2/index.html?api=04132393

The API #'s are 04132393, 04132394, 04132395 & 04132396

As for the YellowTail, I found nothing.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Have lease below Edge expiring next year, have been offered $400/ac to renew, and comments on offer?

Harry

By renew, do you mean a new lease from a new company or the current company picking up an option? If new, are they offering you a "top lease" now? How many mineral acres do you have?

Current picking up an option; 4 relatives combined is about 72 acres, And we recently discovered that it may be 131 acres (may be a clouded title?)

If you gave them an option at $400 and they are exercising it, not much to discuss. The starting offers I have heard are around $300 and have gone up from there. 72 to 131 acres puts you in a good position. You can do better than $400 if they need you.

Clint,

You may remember me from the Oklahoma forum county pages. Most of my family's minerals are in OK, however my daughter-in-law has Brazos minerals situated in the D.B. Posey Survey, A-190 and I need to know the location of these minerals. Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide this info.

Martha McMorries

DB Posey survey located about 15 miles due north of Bryan College Station in far north Brazos County. I have a plat to show location but no way to post on this site. Abstract located in area of multiple horizontal wells (mostly Woodbine)