Angelina County TX Oil & Gas Permits

Try it again after 6 PM today. Most Sunday’s RRC shuts their system down for maintenance from 6 to 6 but that link will get you in after that.

Sknight

If you haven’t gotten RRC’s permit index to work try this link again.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do

Last time you tried was the one day a week it’s down for maintenance.

Hi there. Yes, it was last night when I remembered to try again and I was able to access the site. Thanks so much, once again!

I have a lease in Angelina County, where wells are being drilled very near to the location of my mineral interests, but no Division Order received. How can I learn if my mineral interest is in a part of the area being drilled? Is there a public list?

From looking at earlier messages on this page I think you were able to look at RRC’s index of permits for Angelina County. If you know the name of the lease you think your mineral interest might be part of go to the permit for that well and at the bottom of the second page of the permit will be a list of attachments. Click on the attachment that’s marked “plat” and you should be able to see the boundaries of the drilling unit that was formed for the well. If you can see the plat you should be able to tell if your acreage is within the boundaries of the unit. Some plats also include a list with the names of the owners of the tracts that are included in the unit, but not all plats have that kind of list. Also, if there are a lot of different mineral owners in a tract the plat may only show the owner who has the largest interest but that doesn’t mean the other owners won’t be included when royalty payments are made.

On that second page of the permit you should also see an attachment called the P-12, which is the form the operator uses to report to RRC the different tracts that are included in the unit. Sometimes that list shows the names of the owners of those tracts but that isn’t always the case, and like I said on the plat, if there are multiple owners the P-12 may only list the names of the largest owner in each tract.

If you find a plat that appears to cover the specific acreage where your mineral interest is located but there isn’t a list of names, or your name isn’t on the list then try calling the “owner relations section” of the company that is the operator of the well and ask if they can verify that your interest is included the unit.

Keep in mind from the point drilling is completed it usually takes considerable time before a well is completed and goes into production, and it could be a couple of months from that point before the royalty owners receive division orders.

Thanks so much for your reply - this is great information and I’ll check it out! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sandy