12% interest on unpaid royalties

They skipped a month sending a monthly check after we got the first check for all held in suspense. BUT, we did have a lady call us Monday saying she was calling for Casillas and said they were still working on processing the interest check. So at least I heard from them and they acknowledged that they owe it. Hooray!!!

You probably saw the news of a court ruling involving Sunoco and interest payments. basically the judge said royalty owners do not have to request the interest to be paid the interest. Finally it looks like all operators will quit with this game about not following the law as it pertains to interest payments due to royalty owners. More good news is that the Oklahoma gross production website is showing volumes for oil and gas for the Prairie 33-28 in 4n 4w for June. It was shut in for May. I would have checked the Sierra for you but I forget what section it is in.

Sierra well includes section 32 and 29 of 4n 3w in Garvin.

Sierra shows June production of 878 barrels of oil.

Thanks, it’s pretty poor. It seems to be more of a gas well. Can you see the amount of gas?

Go to ‘Oklahoma Tax Commission - Gross production’. Click on ‘Public PUN Search’. Click on ‘Search Pun’ then choose the last option which is ‘Search by Legal’. The key here is to check the circle just to the left of ‘Search by Legal’. The well shows up in both the top hole and end hole sections so you can use 32 or 29. Find the Sierra well and hover over the blue pun number and click. I don’t understand the gas reporting volumes as it shows 3 different volumes going to three different companies. The volumes are 96K, 97k and 24k.

Mineral owners can market their own oil and gas product stream. Usually, only the larger owners/companies do that sort of thing as they are experienced in the market. That is why you are seeing several companies doing so.

Only mineral owners that are working interest owners have the right to market their share of production. Leased mineral owners relinquish their marketing rights to their lessee. You are seeing 3 different volumes because for that specific month, there were 3 working interest owners that elected to sell gas. That can change month to month. Sales of natural gas can & is complicated.

On the well that I have a RI, Prairie 33-28 in 04, 04 the gas volumes are reported twice. For June gas volume of 73,876 goes to Southwest Energy LLC and 73,876 goes to Oneok Field Services Company. In the 15 or 16 months that I awaited payment I dreamed that the operator was selling the production split 50-50 but that was not the case when it came to paying. Why it is reported in such a misleading fashion I do not know. And they are not reporting NGL’s but I am paid for NGL’s. At least the oil is correct.

The gas numbers on the OTC are not as reliable. They have the NGLs in them in many cases and are back calculated.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.