Questioning Ownership amount stated by Operator

About a year ago there was some activity around my property in Stephens Co located at 01-1S-6W but I have not seen anything since that time. It was listed on the Oklahoma Mineral Commission site as CASE # CD2022-005078. Is anyone able to update me on anything happening there? Thank you.

Continental drilled the Dogwood No. 1-1-12XHW Well in 2023 and completed the same from the Woodford formation in October 2023. If your correct information is of record in the county clerk’s office, you should receive a DO around April with revenue for the the months from 1st production arriving around that same time. Contact Continental to make sure they have your current information.

Thank you. I have notified both the Stephens County Recorder and Continental resources of our recent change of address.

I hate to appear ignorant but may I ask what DO stands for?

A Division Order that will set forth your interest in the unit wellbore.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

My DO has been received and I question Continental’s estimate of my Net Mineral Acres. The DO states that I have 12.64 Mineral Acres and I believe that I have 24+ Mineral Acres. How do I confirm which is correct? Thank you.

You need to research the title at the county clerk’s office and if your conclusion is you own 24+ acres, provide that documentation to CLR. You can ask CLR for the minuments of title but doubtful you will receive them. It is now up to you to prove your belief of 24+ acres.

Looks like I might need some help from a professional. How do I go about finding one?

You can observe qualified professionals (often with localized expertise) who provide services to mineral owners right here on The Mineral Rights Forum. You will notice them in 3 different places on the site:

• in display image ads and text links on site

• in our Mineral Service Provider Directory in the main navigation bar above. These are arranged by professional discipline.

• as a Business Member within many conversations throughout the site Look for the blue colored “B” on their picture and blue colored text).

These practitioners are often able to provide specific (and often localized) services that meet your needs.

The Mineral Rights Forum Administration

In addition to what Todd said, if you are looking at the acres on a lease, they are the gross parcel acreage, not your net. You can ask CLR for a copy of the paragraph from the DO title opinion that traces the title. (minuments of title) You may or may not get it (Contact their division order department-they are super busy so it may take a while or they may not give it to you). Try that first before spending money on your own title search. They have had attorneys do a very “careful” chain of title back to patent. Occasionally, they miss something. You may have that extra piece of information that they need.

You can do a bit of background work yourself by going on www.okcountyrecords.com and tracing your name, the name of the person you bought it from or inherited it from. It only goes back digitally a few decades. The rest is at the courthouse in paper form so you may need a landman to help you. If folks did not file their probates or affidavit of heirshipm then that is where the path gets harder.

1 Like

Thank you, that is very helpful.