Leases In Eastern Fayette & Lavaca Counties

You may need to ask an attorney, but it will depend on the specific reservation wording in your deed. If the seller reserved a partial mineral interest, unless they granted you the executive rights related to that interest, which is the right to negotiate leases, then they would be in a position to negotiate their own lease and receive the bonus, delay rental or future royalty payments related to the mineral interest they reserved.

Thank you. I will call our attorney Monday.

WI

You probably saw it but Geosouthern just permitted the Berger 1H which was the second well shown in that little preview window you pointed out on their Meyer plat.

The RRC site I'd always used to check permits doesn't show the new one. RRC didn't respond to the question I'd emailed them about the difference but your's definitely runs at least a day ahead.

I'd start betting on sports events if every site I accessed was a day ahead. However, I saw that as well and was able to get a general idea of where those Units are located.

On a related issue, I drove out to Ammannsville the day before yesterday and Patterson-UTI #236 is still in the same place. It's been the same place now for over three weeks and to me this means that they almost have to be drilling both of those units, Osina & Breitkreuz, at the same time. (Conjecture!)

I sure would like to see some additional GeoSouthern permits more to the SW.

As of yesterday, there's a new well permitted. It's by BEUSA Energy, LLC. <pause> Well I guess everyone had the same reaction that I did... who? Interwebz searches reveal more or less nothing about the company itself except that it's based in The Woodlands. A 750 acre unit called Kveton Brothers A-305, located WSW of Swiss Alp, with the upper portion of the unit located more or less where the Swiss Alp Hall Road comes into FM 3171, and extending off to the SE.

I take it back a little. I did some research on texasfile.com and most all of the mineral owners in that unit leased to Beland Energy LLC. Note the similarity in names?

I had high expectations about many things happening, but this was not one of them. If anyone has any comments in this regard, please post.

Looks like this company BELAND has leased over 5,000 acres since last October in fayette county, most in the same area. This well the Kveton is just north of the Cheers unit and to the west of a unit that was plugged July 2016, no production, but not indicated as a dry well either. Looks like this company picked up the most northern expired leases from Sanchez....between the Sante north and cheers unit and to the north... This well looks interesting since it is in an area that has a lot of plugged verticals...and all the productive chalk action is to the north, west and east of all of their leases. I wish these people good luck since we need something to happen in this area.

There are a couple of other energy companies located in the woodlands...I know Geosouthern is in spring texas, which borders the Woodlands......

GeoSouthern permitted another well, Schlabach. But it's 4.9 miles SE of Round Top so.... yeah.

As with a confused motorist, I feel like yelling, 'YER GOIN' THE WRONG WAY!!!'

texasfile.com has been updated to 07/12 for Lavaca County. Ross Exploration has filed 21 leases in that period and HBR has filed 14. All of the leases are within an area bounded by US 77, FM 532, CR 248, and of course, the county line. This is not to say that they haven't leased elsewhere, but this is what has been filed thus far.

GeoSouthern permitted the Freis Unit on Friday. It's just west of FM 155 north of Weimar and just in Fayette County. Closer to Weimar than SBG but in the right direction at least.

WI,

I have noticed that GeoSouthern has moved Patterson Rig 236 back to or near the Kristof Unit near Holman. Can't find that they permitted another well on the Kristof lease or one nearby. Any idea what's going on?

Could it be the new Freis Unit? It's permitted as 149-33439 and if you go here http://wwwgisp.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer2/ and enlarge it to just above Weimar you'll see the same number with the surface location where Sedan Rd takes the turn to the south after coming west off of 155. Just my guess, though.

Don't think it's the Fries. Plat shows that surface location in the Bryant Survey A-129 that's about 4 1/2 miles due south of the site for the Kristof in the Alley A-2.

Months ago Geosouthern permitted three wells (Herbrich, Charbula #1 and #2) they showed would be drilled from a single pad that appears would be about 1000 feet west of the surface location used for their Kristof well. It looks like that second pad would be further from 155 and closer to a road called Anton Sales Loop. No completion reports or pending production has been filed for those other three wells so I'm wondering if that's what the rig is fixing to drill?

That sounds logical. I guess if they file the permits they'll drill them sooner or later. I guess 236 will be busy for a while.

Even though Freis not all that close, I updated my map to include the location. Note it's location relative to the other GeoSouthern wells that I plotted. If you take the distance between Freis and the red line (Sligo) and follow it down in our direction, the outcome of this well may be pretty important for our area.

2875-SBGAreaofInterestr10073117.jpg (164 KB)

Guys, Forgive me for chiming in, but DI (DrillingInfo) shows Patterson 236 on the Charbula 1H at the present. See attached.

2873-170801CharbulaPattersonRig236.jpg (266 KB) 2874-170801CharbulaPattersonRig2362.jpg (293 KB)

Chime in all you want and thanks for that information. Now we know fer shur.

I went back and looked at a web site that was linked by Kirk back in May: www.austinchalkoilgas.com

I compared it to the RRC site and Freis is just about where the little rig icon is under the 'e' in Fayette, about 1/3 of the way up... maybe just a little closer to the county line. Maybe I have to retract my previous post. It looks fairly close after all.

I heard PV is buying Devon acreage. Any one know about this?

Check this out. With maps, no less: http://c.eqcdn.com/_3ce9c1b7b1ddf792ad736ed4531b171c/pennvirginia/db/242/541/pdf/PVAC+DVN+EF+Acreage+Acq+Pres+2017-07-31+FINAL.pdf

If that link doesn't work, try this: http://www.pennvirginia.com/news-media/presentations

Good info, thanks.