Leases In Eastern Fayette & Lavaca Counties

I found two companies with gulftex in their name.

http://www.gulftexenergy.com/

http://www.gulftexoperating.com/

That's a pretty nifty web site you found. I'm thinking that'll be a big time waster for me in the future.

Speaking of thinking, I'm not quite sure what to think of that information either. I don't find it odd or untoward, but it's certainly of interest. Particularly the EOG part.

The one we've been discussing is Gulftex Energy out of SA, even though it's odd that two similarly named companies could coexist without attorneys involved somehow.

Here's some news from Ammannsville. Yesterday (yes, July 4th according to the RRC) GeoSouthern filed a permit for the Meyer Unit 1H. The surface location is about 1/2 mile SE of where FM1965 takes that short N-S turn. The lateral runs off to the SE.

Bigger news is that the W-1 calls this the Ammannsville Quadrangle and if you look closely you'll see a map inset showing four surface locations all within about 100' of each other: Meyer 1H, Berger 1H, Neiser 1H, and Eichler 1H.

WI

Did you get that off RRC's site? Thought I knew how to navigate there but can't find any new Meyer Unit. Last Fayette permit I'm seeing filed by GS was 6/2/17 called the Taylor.

If you've found a way to dig deeper on permits how about giving us a link.

Go here: http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do

Put the county of your choice in the County box.

Scroll down to the bottom right, enter the Begin Date (whenever) and the End Date (today) and click Submit in the bottom left corner.

That range returns four wells; three are GeoSouthern. Hope this helps.

I thought I'd update our map with the new red pin AQ for the Ammannsville Quadrangle. There are other GeoSouthern wells and I may try to enter them if it doesn't make things too cluttered. They may have to go without being labeled.

2877-SBGAreaofInterestr9070517.jpg (176 KB)

WI

Maybe I'm the only one out of touch on this but your link above took me to a different permit search page that at least on that Meyer Unit seems to have had information a day or two earlier than the one I've been using. The link where I've always checked permits is

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitsQueryAction.do

It still works and this morning is showing that Meyer permit but it didn't when I checked it last night and you had already seen it on your page.

They had a note about their system being down on the holiday for maintenance so I'm thinking RRC may be revising things. Since the page I've been using not only looks different but includes more search categories I emailed them asking if both these pages still valid and should show the same information.

Now that you've convinced me there is a parallel universe how about a clue to where you saw that additional information on the Meyer W-1 about the Ammannsville Quadrangle and the map insert with those three other wells. I can't see it there.

Thanks for the help.

I had that same experience Dusty....Now you see it ..Now you don't ... A fellow I know who has some experience with IT peculiarities tells me the "experts" see these things at times and they simply shrug and call it a "Feature " and move on ...

Using the RRC link with the best features, get to the Meyer Unit, click on the attachment for the Plat, then look closely in the round inset down toward the bottom next to the surveyor's seal.

If you look closely at the plat you'll see the surface location is not even located in the Unit. If you apply the other wells shown in the insert to that, it looks like they'll be arrayed in a northerly direction from the Meyer location. Sheer speculation, but it would appear the Meyer would be the SW unit in their Qudrangle?

2876-MeyerInset.jpg (227 KB)

Thanks for getting me focused. I've looked at lots of location plats but that's the first I've seen with projections of future sites that haven't been permitted.

Expect you know, but the note the surveyor made there to the Ammannsville Quadrangle is referring to the USGS topo map that has that name.

If you haven't done it you need to check out the plats Geosouthern filed for their Taylor, Wegenhoft, Charbula and Herbrich units. All were done by the same surveyor and they each include that same type insert. If I counted right those four plats project four additional wells GS hasn't filed permitted for yet, called the Impala, Bob Cat, Gray Wolf and Coyote.

The other thing I think those inserts show is that GS is planning to drill multiple wells from the same pad, like being done up in the Permian, which fits with those 20' and 40' distances between the surface locations of the four wells shown in that insert on the Meyer plat.

GS finally got around to filing completion reports on the first two wells they had permitted in that area a year ago, the Kristof and Loughnane, both showing 400+ barrels with 1million plus gas. Do you know if they have started drilling any of those others they permitted around Ammansville this year?

Good stuff WI, thanks again for taking the time to show me how to find it.

Wow. You're absolutely correct about those inserts. My powers of observation are really going downhill. There's real hints of a bunch of additional wells, aren't there? Of particular interest on the Breitkreuz plat are two future surface locations called JPPJ 3H and JPPJ 4H. Would be interested in knowing what that acronym stands for.

Man it didn't take you long to blow my theory that only one surveyor was giving out those preview shots. The Breitkreuz plat was done by a different bunch and on the plat that second surveyor did for the Osina their insert also showed the JPPJ 3H and 4H sites. I missed those completely the first time, I guess because I was convinced it was a one surveyor deal and the second guys inserts didn't look exactly like that first one you had pointed out on the Meyer.

Those names must mean GS has plans somewhere for two more wells called the JPPJ 1H and 2H but isn't planning to drill them from the same pad they used for the Osina and Breitkreuz.

The Breitkreuz permit says it spudded 5/9/17 so they must be finished drilling by now. Does anybody know where the rig went from there?

According to the Patterson-UTI web site, their Rig 236 is still on site there, but I haven't been out that way to see if it's actually there or if their web site is just not current.

Someone with access to the actual subscription service just told me that 236 is still active but it's the only one in Fayette County other than a shallow well around Cistern by MCA. Current info.

Thanks for the drilling report.

According to the site now labeled "RRC Permits per WI" on my computer, your Meyer permit got approved in two days and one of those was a holiday. I also noticed the W-12 for that well shows out of that 827 acre unit four tracts are owned by Neiser and six are owned by Berger, who I assume are the same folks who two of the future units shown on the Meyer insert are named for. According to FCAD there is also a fellow named Eichler, the 4th name on that insert, who owns land a little further east of the Meyer unit.

I just looked through all of the GeoSouthern plats, and they've permitted nine wells so far and have 'mentioned' six more (not counting the stacked lateral 2H for Charbula. Some of these are over by the Colorado River and so we haven't discussed them much.

The first well, Cernosek was 778 acres. Then they immediately dropped down to 632 and 609 acres. Then they started putting the Insets on the plats and the acreage jumped up to right around 800 acres. Their latest well, Taylor, is at 904 acres.

BTW, GeoSouthern has as many leases in Washington County as they do in Fayette going back to March 2015, so they'd better start making their units bigger.

You're right about Washington County. GS completed one well a few months ago and is building the pad for a second a few miles from it. If anything the leasing there has been hotter than in Fayette.

Out of 632 leases Courthouse Direct showed recorded in Fayette Co last week it looked like half may have been Geosouthern with most of the rest divided between Pallas, Blackbrush and Verdun. Lots of the survey names on those GS leases were in that same Ammannsville quadrangle. Hard to picture that much activity considering the level and direction of crude prices.

Can someone explain the difference between “royalty reservation” and “minerial reservation” in a contract? Does the previous owner get some of lease money if there is a minerial reservation on sale of land contract? I get they can keep a percentage of royalties, but does that also include money we receive from minerial lease?

tkjjz, if I am understanding you correctly? If the previous owner reserved minerals they would have their own lease.

Well…from what I understand, they won’t sign a minerial lease or anything like we did. But they get half of the minerial lease because it stated “minerial reservation” in our deed when we purchased the property from them. We understood they get half of royalties, but we did not realize they get half of minerial lease as well even though there is no production. It is only a minerial lease right now. Hope that makes sense…