Send your block/section/survey name and i'll send you a picture of where your property is

Hi Linton!

Thanks or your reply. As I told Clint, I think the Block SF isn't important. Unfortunately the info I have on this parcel is incomplete, and the diagram w/GPS I sent to him is unreadable. But it's close to CR 426 I think South of 31.402417, -103.111701

Paul

I’m waiting to hear from Clint. We usually go by block and section and survey. I can’t find a Block SF, Houston GG makes no sense to me as a survey description either. Maybe Clint can help us. If anybody can, Clint can!!

This is a photo of the map I took on my phone at the Appraisal office.. if it helps

Paul, attached you will find the last pictures I took. Your Sec 12 is the hot pink marker. With the picture you had it was easy to find. I would refer to it as Block 33, Section 12, H&TC RR CO (Houston & Texas Central Railroad Company Survey). I uploaded some other pictures, too, let me know if you didn’t get them. Hope this helps. Linton

Linton,

I'm sorry I thought you could determine my exact lot by knowing where Sec 12 was. I visited that Sec 12 last week, but it's 640 ac, and I'm trying to find the 5.1 ac parcel located within it! This Section is on the edge of almost a cliff going down to ward the Pecos River.. so I certainly don't want to buy if it includes the cliff! I know its read backwards, so NE quarter, then the South quarter is confusing because it doesn't say East or West, just S/4? And even that is 160 ac.. I think I need to hire surveyor to decipher this mess! Thanks so much for your time! Paul

Have you tried Google Earth? 1966-IMG_20160926_190019.jpg (600 KB)

I know the location of Section 12. I know the first division leads to the NE quarter. That is 160 acres. The NEXT division is South Quarter but not East or West. I'm trying to determine the EXACT 5.1 acre lot in question, not merely a general idea. Google Maps and Earth do not show locations of LEGAL DESCRIPTIONS.. Only GPS and addresses. I have even tried a site which supposedly could locate by legal, but it cannot find the parcel. I thought you could find the exact location of the property. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post saying: SEND ME YOUR BLOCK/SECTION/SURVEY NAME AND I'LL SEND YOU A PICTURE OF WHERE YOUR PROPERTY IS! I knew that the Section was 12. What I assumed was that you could locate the property as per your post. But I got only the SECTION from both you and Clint.. so I'm still without answers. I'm sorry to take up your time.. but I'm certain now I will need to hire a surveyor to locate the 5.1 ac lot. Thanks again.. and sorry or the misunderstanding.

Paul

Sorry I can’t help you more. If you read my post, it says I have a map on the wall and I’ll take a photo of where your property is on the map. A lot of people live out of state and have no idea where their property is.

No worries! You and Clint did help me greatly though, because my main concern was the property might have been on the edge of the cliff south of CR 426. But thanks to both of you, I see that the modern updated GIS maps have the entire NE quarter of Section 12 North of that road.. so I'm very much relieved it's fairly level and not on a flood plain. Since you live in Ward County can you recommend a surveyor who can locate the lot for me? I would like to accompany the survey so I know any potential issues. I guess there is no info on mineral rights for Sec 12? Paul

It looks like this lot is in Section 12, GG Houston Survey. I do not see a Scrap File number. You need to investigate further before finalizing a purchase. Several years ago, a company platted a number of sections into 5.1 acre lots. This company was not a licensed surveyor and the original deeds noted that there was no actual survey of any of these lots and that the buyer had to hire a surveyor to determine the location of his lot. Unfortunately, quite a few of these platted sections were not accurate as to gross acreage, dimensions of the sections, etc. So it may be very difficult to find the exact location of the lots unless all the owners jointly try to set out the section. Ward County no longer allows sections to be platted except by a licensed surveyor. Few if any of these lots have any attached minerals. Most were severed years ago. DrillingInfo shows Jagged Peak has permitted the Eiland well in this section and so all (or most) the minerals are likely under lease. Depending on the location of your lot, it may be used for a drill site or ROW for pipelines, electric lines and lease roads, as the minerals are the dominant estate. It is unlikely that there will not be public water, sewer, electricity available. Ask a lot of questions.

1 Like

thanks TD I certainly will ask a lot of questions thanks again for the info

Hello, I’m hoping you can help me locate some inherited land. As we are wrapping up the estate, this is the final part. It’s section A129, parcel #0011995, Cat: E 81.00 acres. This info is from last years taxes and is all I have. Thank you in advance!

That description does not make any sense to me. Is A129 an abstract number?

The only information I have is from the taxes I paid last year on the land.

Yes, you said that. But I was wondering if that A129 stood for the abstract number.

It could be because it’s under the parcel number. Any advice as to how to find this information out?

I’m working on it. I’ve sought the counsel of our guru on the forum that answers lots of these dilemmas for us, the infamous Clint Liles. If he does not respond maybe someone else will.

Thank you, I truly appreciate your help!

Question?

My sister and I receive numerous offers from companies to buy mineral rights. We received from Copper Creek Royalty and Pleasant Grove Holdings offers to purchase, they actually put a price in writing for the rights.

I wondered how many people are receiving these letters; I view this as a fishing expedition on their part and low ball offers.

Has the new seismic survey been completed on West Ward County. Our property is close to the gas plant

and Barstow.

Is there any new action below 5000 feet or above for that matter.

Mike E