Are my minerals leased or not

Ok, we’ve been told that our lease fell through due to the last oil field bust, shut down, etc. In other words, we were told “you’re lease was never completed and with the decline in the oil industry, it will not be” Okay, I took them at their word and more or less gave up. Recently I was approached by a company to purchase my mineral rights in Love County. I thought, what a hassle I’ve been through trying to lease, I would listen to what this company has to offer. In our conversations and emails, I was informed “your mineral rights are leased” ??? as of last August/September 2019 and then again in March of this year. What? News to me! I never received a bonus check for signing the lease, that supposedly never went through. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Dautch

Dautch:

You need to file an Affidavit with the County Clerk of Love County stating that you were never paid for the execution of this lease and consider the lease filed against the County Clerk’s tract indices as being Null & Void. You should then send a copy of that Affidavit to the party or parties that recorded the Lease. As to your last question, if you can think it, it has happened in the oil and gas business.

Even though I have signed leases in Love County, one signed in Aug 2019 and the other in March 2020 I have never received any bonus checks. Do I have any recourse?

Not really. As I stated before, if the leases were filed, you need to notify the public that the leases were acquired under fraudulent pretext. Remember to NEVER hand over a legal document until the full consideration has been paid.

Thanks Todd, It’s been a mess since the word GO!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.