Reeves county TX Graef Ranch

New to this as I inherited some mineral rights in Reeves and Pecos counties. I’ve been following a site called “shalexp.com” and was wondering if anyone knows if their value assessments are legit and exactly what it means. I’ll try attaching a screenshot but it’s for “Graef” in Reeves county at the present.

I have been using shalexp.Com quite a bit lately… It actually provides an amazing amount of information in a easy to use format. for the price, I haven’t found a site that the better value. Drilling info cost 15 to 30 grand a year, and multitude of sites ask you to pay 50 to a couple hundred dollars a month and then provide nothing more than the Railroad Commission

So far I haven’t come across any inaccuracies… As far as the Shale assessment quote-unquote, and the market value… Best I can tell on the market value they’re just taking a 36 month multiple of Revenue, and on the shale assessment - they’re using a more typical decline curve times commodity price with a time value of money, probably pv-10, added in…

A buddy of mine from Throckmorton helped to get that graef ranch leased & then sold to an operator… I could reach out to him and see what he knows

Thank you so much! I would very much appreciate any info on the Graef ranch and its developments. I’ve been wanting to drive down there and visit the place. My maternal great grandmother was Hattie Graef (Schaffer).

1 Like

Hi Shawn

I too am part owner of Graef, Bobbie Fred Gallagher is my mother and passed…on the Dee’s branch of tree.

Happy to share info with you

Elizabeth (Beth Ann Gallagher Duncan)

Awesome! It’s great to meet someone else on here with the Graef estate. I’m a newbie on this and if you know of any developments in Reeves now and the Pecos county property please let me know!!

I too am new to this. I have taken over my 78 year old father’s estate. I have found a request for unpaid property taxes on a gas well from my grandfathers, Pat Graef’s (Arthur) well. Pat is the son of William and Annie Graef. It would be great to connect to get any and all info regarding this property. My grandfather passed away in1995 and my father was is only heir. My father now suffers from dementia and has very little memory of this acqusition. Thank you.

Hi

I am a graef heir…ona graef… Jack Dees, Jimmy Tarantino, Robert and Joe Gallagher are part of my family branch.

Ona was married to Oscar Graef, correct? Oscar was the brother of my great grandfather Will Graef. Will Graef had 6 children, Pat(Arthur) was my grandfather. Apparently Pat, now my father still have financial mineral interest in a gas well to which I have paid the back taxes on. This has been an interesting ordeal. Does the Graef ranch still exist? Thanks

Hmmm good question.

If you’re asking if the ranch is still operating, that’s probably not the case. family has most of the property tied up in some contract with and energy company.

Is the Graef Ranch also in Pecos County? The gas well my father has is in Pecos County and it is run by Chevron.

yes in pecos as well…My mom had % of well by Chevron back in the day as well (no pun intended).