Newfield Wells Section 2-6N-2W McClain County

Hi,

Does anyone have any current information about 2 wells Newfield drilled Section 2-6N-2W McClain County?

Thank you

I would not expect Newfield to be that far East. Are you sure about legal description?

Yes I am. Thanks

I don't show a record of any wells by Newfield in that section or the surrounding sections.

No records of regulatory applications either.

Sorry to have bothered you. Thank you for your time

My sister in law needs some quick information about Sec. 30 6n 2w. She has someone wanting to buy or lease her minerals in that section and has no idea what is reasonable amount to ask. She has 5 acres and apparently has not leased it. Her late husband’s brother and sister also have 5 acres each and are all planning on doing the same thing. The man indicated they plan to drill a well there. If anyone can tell us what is going on there and what a reasonable offer would be please let us know. Thanks, Linda Rigtracker

Sorry for horning in on your question about your section but I still can’t figure out how to start a post of my own.

Hi Linda…

POST OR NEW TOPIC

Click on this link to McClain County Discussions and click on ‘NEW TOPIC’ and go from there.

https://www.mineralrightsforum.com/c/oklahoma-mineral-rights/mcclain-county-ok

CLICK ON DOCUMENT TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

usflag

Linda, BP just pooled 28-6N-2W for $400 3/16. 29 is pending right now. That is pretty much the going rate. BP is the most likely operator. Patriot Field Services LLC, 1907 Land Co, Feather Creek Resources, Pro Minerals LLC are all leasing in 30. If the folks go together (own separate leases) but with same lessee, they may be able to get a multi-tract deal and get a bit higher. Make sure the clauses are tight with no post production charges.

Thanks so much Clint! I did it! Appreciate all your help!

Goodness M_Barnes, I am so disappointed in that low amount. I thought that was a hot area up there. Is it too far east of what? I thought she said the man offered $3500. an acre but that might have been to purchase instead of lease. Thanks for all your help!

It is “hot” but only for BP. Prices have been running in the $200-400 3/16ths range. I think he was offering to buy at that price.
It is on the east side of the big N-S McClain fault, so the geology is a bit different and the geothermal gradient is different.

M…I’m not sure if that was even the offer as my sister in laws memory is poor and she might have got it mixed up with me telling her that they are offering as much as $35000. an acre to purchase some of the minerals in the stack according to what I’ve seen on here. I’ll know more when her brother in law calls me in a little while.

Not sure exactly what you mean about it only being hot for BP. If they are pooling for 400. 3/16 it doesn’t sound very good to me.

$35,000/ac in the STACK is not unheard of for a purchase given that there are multiple reservoirs. 30-6N-2W is barely on the edge of the SCOOP which is an entirely different area. $3500/ac to buy might be reasonable. I haven’t heard much in the that township.

M…OK I’ll pass the word on but I’m pretty sure they won’t be interested in selling for that. Appreciate it and hope all is well with you!

My mom has some in Garvin 3N 4W I think. I believe they offered 22k per acre to buy at 3/16. That is the highest offer I have ever heard of in Oklahoma. I told her not to sell and she didn’t! They say they are going to put 8 horizontals on that section, Its unreal.

The market value reflected in a Pooling Order is the amount the landman working for BP paid. Look for private equity buyers for a higher price. It seems like the company landmen don’t want to know what other buyers have paid.