New Info on Lease Offer for Block 55 Twp.7, Sec. 16

As I said earlier, my MIL’s family has owned this property for dog’s years. Early deeds and wills mention 510 acres but later ones talk about 524 acres. Since we can’t find that any additional property was ever purchased, we assumed the increase in acreage was due to newer surveys. The acreage increased back in the '50s or maybe early '60s, I think. No change has happened recently.

The lease you are referring to says the land is in Howard county and then gives a description of our section we already have leases with other oil companies in place Scarlet river resources admitted they do not own any minerals in our area and that this was a mistake. Thanks for your interest. I do know that company is trying to buy minerals in our area and probably elsewhere Ron kilgore

I’m really confused. I’m looking at what appears to be an online photocopy of the lease, dated and time stamped by the Reeves County Clerk. Howard County isn’t mentioned anywhere in the lease, only Reeves County. The company listed as Lessee is Scarlet Land Services LLC (not Scarlet River Resources).

When I go to the RRC Public GIS viewer, Howard County does not appear to have a Bl 55 Twp.7 Section 26.

I don’t think we are talking the same lease, though the ones in your area with Scarlet River may be very similar, don’t know.

Dear Liz

I am looking at the lease in question right now. In the line above the section description it says the land is located in Howard county Texas. The lease is signed by a man named Cameron Kulbeth of platform energy. I found him online and called him. He acted like he did not know what the hell I was talking about but he is the same man who signed the lease. After being off the phone for a minute or so he came back and said they did not own any minerals in that area and that it was a mistake. Our leasees, Who have an obvious interest in this, are looking at it now. You are correct in that there is no like kind description in Howard county

Ron Kilgore

Ah, I see it now. Totally missed it. Well. the state thinks it’s Reeves and has registered it that way everywhere. Don’t know what it actually means from a legal standpoint - does the lease hold up with a mistake like that in it? No idea! Best luck to all of you figuring out what it means for you.

I’m fairly close in 56-6. BHP just received 3 new drilling permits there, but haven’t heard that they are spud yet

Please see the attached.

Sec 26, Blk 55, T7S T&P Rwy Co / V D Havis, A-1415 is located in the center of Reeves County.

There is no Blk 55 or T7S in Howard County, which is about 150 miles to the Northeast of Reeves County.

LOCATOR MAP - AREA.pdf (64.3 KB)

LOCATOR MAP - COUNTY.pdf (93.9 KB)