New Info on Lease Offer for Block 55 Twp.7, Sec. 16

You’re welcome. And yes, it is very detailed!

The link was sent to me by a company that was considering buying into the Trust. They had received it from the Trust.

I believe TPLT does own some mineral classified land.

Wade Caldwell

Please excuse any terse tone

Nothing terse noted. And you are probably correct, I just had not thought of it.

Lawrence, I don’t live in Reeves and don’t know where Orla is. This property is west of 17 and on 2903 maybe seven miles south of I-20. I know our bank isn’t very informed on this part of Texas because it is a smallish east Texas bank. They do handle oil deals but mostly in east Texas. That said, they are 1000 times easier to deal with than the NY megabank that held us earlier. Yes, they are a bank and thus have their own priorities but at least they are willing to listen to us and take our wishes into account. Quite a new thing for us!

Because we were not happy with the Scarlet guy and his overall offer, the bank was willing to walk away from this deal (even though I think they wanted to sign). So far, so good. Many thanks for your insight!

TennisDaze, thanks for the insight about Apache. We don’t need the money so they won’t wear us down (if Scarlet was representing Apache). SIL owns another 1/4 of this 524 acres, also in trust but with a NY megabank that is even tougher than we are, so they may not lease either. As far as working with Chevron - they are part of other wells to the east of us so I know they can be worked with.

Charles, thanks for the interesting map. It appears that TPLT has 1/16 interest in adjacent sections to the N, S, E and W of us.

Liz.M – Re: your SEC 16… I have a Midland Map Company ‘Ownership Map’ that indicates “Chevron, etal 1/2, M.I.” That designation has appeared on the map for a very long time… I always thought it very odd… since they own the minerals on the surrounding checkerboard sections. Also, the same map indicates "Apache 8-2-2019’ has the lease on the NE/1/4. I’ll bet my bottom $ that Scarlet does not represent Apache. Later – Buzz

Thanks so much, Buzz. That information is really helpful. My MIL’s family acquired this property long ago, maybe back in the 1930s or even earlier. At one time they also owned the surface, though that was sold off 20 or more years ago.

I have to get one of those maps!

Liz…that’s a GOOD area to have land and minerals! Close to Nine Mile Draw on the east side of FM2903 and west of Hwy 17…high liquid content gas and average of 1100 barrels per day of oil from wells in that area. Primexx, Apache, Noble Permian, Atlantic, and several others are developing prospects in that area. You and your bank should be getting a bunch of offers now or soon as they develop the area’s infrastructure. Lots of pipelines going in that area to transport oil, gas, liquids to the WAHA gas nexus at Coyanosa and Kinder Morgan oil terminal near Wink.
More lucrative offers are coming.

Liz, Slide 15 of Apache’s pipeline presentation shows the new Salt Creek Midstream NGL line proposed for just east of your section 16. Also a gathering line across the middle of section 16. It’s a little hard to get your bearings straight if you don’t have a labeled section map to cross reference against, but yours is where NE1/4 is in yellow (since it’s Apache leased).

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/APA/6316120764x0x981405/29080308-1D42-41A2-9DD3-5465DEFAFC9B/Apache_HartEnergy_20180606.pdf

It helps a lot if you zoom into the slide for the section map. You should be able to on any computer, since it’s in PDF.

Thanks, Lawrence. The good wells are to the east of us by a few miles (so far) but closer ones are being permitted and spudded. With luck, our property will be good too. And I really like the news of close pipelines!

Kathy, thank you so much for the link. I had glanced at that report a couple of weeks ago but hadn’t realized that I could actually find our property on it. And you are right - the Salt Creek pipeline is just to the east of us and some sort of blue pipeline will go right through the property. (Wish there were a key to that map so I could find out what the blue pipelines are.) There has been a gas pipeline through the property for many years but it goes in a different direction than the blue one. So maybe the blue ones will be for oil?

More likely to be the Apache gas lines for all the new wells it is drilling around that area. Wells are being drilled and not producing due to need for pipelines. A lot will come on-line at the same time.

Yes, I know that there is a pipeline shortage. As a related thought, I checked NBL’s production reports for May and noticed that its pending wells (in our area) had all been cut back from April - while at the same time, two new NBL wells in the area had gone online. Thought maybe the production cuts were due to the new wells taking up pipeline space.

Liz: I own the surface of the section to the west - 17, I’d be you neighbor so to speak if you still had the surface. Love to hear as things progress since with only the surface I’m trying to figure out what I should be doing.

Hi David. I don’t have Buzz’s great map, but as near as I can determine, Apache has leases in the sections to your north and south. So they are interested in our area for sure. I’m definitely getting one of those maps so I can see who owns the minerals around our properties! (We have another east of 17.) Do you have any idea who owns your minerals? Have you had anyone interested in your surface?

Over the years I’ve had offers. I’ve also tried to buy some of the “ranchets” in the section to the west (with little success). Years ago there were a couple guys who bought sections and sold them off in ultra small tracts which is what’s happened to section 18 to my immediate west.

Around us are a mix of surface owners - some large tracts and some small.

I only traced the mineral interests on my section and I assumed many others have similar histories. TPLT sold the surface in the 1950s but kept the minerals.

It hasn’t been worth going further as once I could see the separation, and that it was simply TPLT retaining the minerals, there’s little interest on my side as to who owns them. Like it has been mentioned, Chevron is listed on a number of maps and held the north 1/2 that TPLT isn’t reflected as having an interest.

However, for 3D seismic it was a group hired by Apache so I assume they have leases for what’s under my section as well as surrounding as they used my location as a hub to send teams out from.

One thing I would note. When a survey was done a decade ago, my section surveyed by meets and bounds as 737 acres less 20 acres more or less for FM 2903. The county has my net acreage at 661 but the meets and bounds has it as net 717. That doesn’t seem to be uncommon.

For minerals I don’t know how anyone would determine the acres held anymore. You may have owned only the acres identified or under newer techniques those acres may be different (i.e. perhaps larger).

This was an invalid lease giving this location by mistake. Nobody leases for 20% in this area

Roger, I’m not sure what you mean. This lease is filed with the county as of 04/27/2018. It clearly states that 1/5 is the royalty on oil and gas for this property (Bl 55, Twp 7, Sec 26, 691.5 acres). Whatever outside agreements may be between the two parties, I can’t know.

That said, the lease was between something called Platform Energy LLC and Scarlet Land Services LLC. They are both listed at the same address in Lubbock, as are quite a number of other businesses, mostly involving six guys, some of whom are the registered agents for several of those businesses.

It’s still a terrible lease but I don’t know what all this means.

ETA: The actual lease shows the two companies at different addresses. Bizapedia lists the two companies at the same address: 810 Texas Ave., Lubbock. .