Grady County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Randy, A well can be drilled before all mineral owners are leased if they pool the ones that are not leased. You should not have to wait on any other people to send in leases in order to be paid. What was your agreement with them? Did they originally send you a letter stating how long it would be for payment?

There wasn't a specific deadline for payment written into the lease. However, when asked the landman replied via email-- " We will close and issue checks as soon as we get all the original leases back for the entire section. Once we receive the original leases for all mineral owners, our legal counsel approves the leases for filing. This is typically a quick process. "

I would send a demand email back to him. Tell him they have 30 days to remit payment or you will record an affidavit of non-payment at the county clerks office.

It sounds to me like they are trying to market your lease to someone else at a better price than they paid you. I have never taken more than a week to issue a check to a mineral owner after I received their lease. The attorneys should have reviewed the leases prior to you signing it.

Grady County, OK - General Discussion

This Topic contains content written from December 2009 through May 23, 2018, the time at which this forum transitioned to a new software platform. The old platform allowed for a freely running stream of commentary (ie, a “wall”) about activity in this county.

While we generally suggest creating a new topic title for your questions and/or comments, to accommodate those who’ve been used to using the “wall” on the old site, we have established a Topic titled “Grady County, OK - General Discussion”, which acts as the continuation of the previous “wall” dialogue.

If you are a legacy user and were accustomed to posting in this fashion, go to the Grady County, OK - General Discussion and post away.