Rock River Acquisitions lease offer

I’m doing some research on this Rock River Acquisitons LLC which is supposed to have an office in Tyler TX. The lease is for Shelby County, Texas. I don’t see an office on google maps only a house. Is this unusual? No reviews on the company either. I found a tiny bit of information about them showing the company started in June 2022. They have sent the offer letter to me and we are trying to work out the terms of the lease but I want an attorney to look at the contract once we get it. I guess I’m wondering if this is a legit company and wondering if I will be wasting my money on an attorney. The royalty percentage is way low at 3/16th and a landowner told me that they haven’t heard of anyone getting that low of a percentage in the last 15 - 20 years. But maybe that’s normal for them to start low? The bonus offer was for $500 an acre and now it’s at $550 because he wouldn’t agree to the 3 things for the addendum which I heard are very standard. He only agreed to one which he said is already in the contract. I just wonder if I’m wasting a lot of time on this. Thanks

3/16 royalty is an insult here in Texas…20%-22.5%and 25% is the norms here in Texas…This company sound like a flipper who is going to make money off your lease by flipping it to one of the producers/operators(Aethon Energy, Legacy Reserves, Sheridan Production or XTO Energy((Exxon)) that is actually drilling and producing in Shelby County.

Thank you for the information. I also heard 1/5th for the royalty is common for that area. I guess I’ll contact an attorney in that area to see what to do next. I’m open to recommendations for an attorney.

The Directories tab above has several attorneys listed for Texas. You can also contact the bar association and look for those attorneys with a specialty in oil and gas.

What abstract is your land located in? Shelby County’s geology varies greatly across the county. That could affect the offer.

Maggie2,

I am also researching Rock River Acquisitions LLC out of Flint, TX for lease offers in another Texas County and would like to know more, are you able to share any additional information, website, or leasing agent?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.