Mineral Rights Forum

America’s conversation place for mineral owners

Logan County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion


Logan County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Logan County, OK. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.


Members: 223
Latest Activity: 22 minutes ago

Discussion Forum

Logan County OK Oil & Gas Permits

Started by Dave Thompson. Last reply by Clint Liles yesterday. 141 Replies

Post, discuss and share information related to Logan County Oil & Gas permits in the replies below.Thank you to Clint Liles for championing the effort to keep us all up to date.Continue

Logan County Lawyer Recommendations

Started by Jeff Fuqua. Last reply by Jeff Fuqua yesterday. 3 Replies

The mineral rights to 2.5 acres in Logan County were left to my father-in-law who has since passed leaving them to my mother-in-law.With the acres about to become part of a pool, it is my…Continue

Logan Co.

Started by Phil Lyon on Monday. 0 Replies

Any activity SE Section 15 T18N R4W?Continue

Oil spill

Started by Verna Vaughan-Thayer. Last reply by Robert Brian Apr 14. 9 Replies

We had a blow-out of oil in 17n3w9 yesterday there is oil all over the pasture and roadway.  My question is who to report this to.  The smell last night was terrible.Continue

Comment Wall


You need to be a member of Logan County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion to add comments!

Comment by Ron McKenzie 22 minutes ago

 The pooling was recommended on 2/21/14 but I could find no order.

Comment by Ron McKenzie 28 minutes ago
Comment by Ron McKenzie 28 minutes ago
Comment by Harley Baade 37 minutes ago

can someone advise of Court Actions in 3017N4W since 1/1/14. I have notice of Spacing Hearing but nothing else.


Comment by Todd 21 hours ago
Ok thanks Mr. Murray.
Comment by Jordan Murray 21 hours ago

Todd, the directive from the bank would be the subordination agreement, yes.

HBP means "held by production"

Comment by Tim West 22 hours ago

Ralph Harrison at Mecklenburg-Harrison in Kingfisher does a lot of work in Logan, Payne and  Kingfisher County.  I would call him at 405-375-6484.  He has done good work for several folks on this forum....

Comment by Martha McMorries yesterday

M Barnes, We seem to be typing at the same time. Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge!


Comment by Martha McMorries yesterday

Todd, I've talked to this guy before and he is pretty knowledgeable. (See  question and his answer). If you click on The Mineral Hub link then on contact you will find his phone number. He answered my call right away and answered all my questions too.  His grandparents were from my home town in OK.


Comment by M Barnes yesterday

When the operators lease, they get one title opinion which is not as rigorous as the division order title opinion.  The second opinion is more in-depth (and often done by a completely different analyst) because it is for the companies buying the oil and gas and then paying royalties, so they want to be sure they pay the correct parties.  You technically do not have to sign the DO in Oklahoma, although it is a good idea to confirm that you have the same Royalty Interest (RI) as they state so that you are paid correctly.  They need your Social Security or EIN number on the W-9.  Also, this is the time to claim your interest payment if they are late and past the 6 months date of first sales.  

If you have clear title (from the second opinion) you may claim 12% interest from date of first sales.  If you have a cloud on your title, you may claim 6% interest until the title is cleared up.  Request from the division order analyst (name is often at the top of the DO) a copy of the portion of the title opinion that pertains to you and the items that need to be "cured" (fixed).  Your issue will usually have a number attached to it.  You might need a death certificate or a mortgage statement, etc.  Be sure and send them everything they need, put your owner number on your letter.  Give them about "200 ways" to contact you and send it by certified mail return receipt so you know they received it and you have a paper trail.  

If you do not contact them at all, then your funds may be put in suspense for three years at the company if they do not have your correct address.  If they do have your correct address (don't assume they do-the leasing agent and the paying company are usually completely different entities), they are supposed to start paying you with whatever RI they have until you clear everything up.  

The DO will also state whether they will only pay you if the funds add up to $100 or $25 or whatever is stated on it.  You can tell them the number.  It is best if the DO is on the model NADOA form.  If you receive a DO that is pages long or has extra verbiage on it, you do not have to accept it.  Make sure it says "this DO does not change any terms of the lease".  See the form listed below.  



Members (223)


© 2014   Created by Kenny DuBose.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service